Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all!

For the past 10 years I have driving a 2001 Dodge 3500. It has provided me with great utility and consistent performance. The vehicle now has approximately 300k miles. I regularly drive from MN to Ga.

During this period I have not had to perform any engine repair, only regular filter and fluid maintenance. I have replaced the clutch twice (6 speed); the first replacement was an aftermarket part that didn't hold up, as well as bearings and seals all the way around.

Recently I installed a Magnaflow 4" exhaust system and I have purchased a super-chip tuner for performance and economy when traveling over the distance. I love the response from both.

I plan on continuing to upgrade the vehicle as a new one is out of the question.

I'm interested in any and all suggestions or proven strategies to continually improve the performance and responsiveness of this truck.

I know there are enthusiasts out there who have the experience and love for the Cummins diesel engine and I truly look forward to the input of other owner's who have enjoyed there vehicle as much as I do mine.

Best wishes for a prosperous new year for all you diesel lovers and I'm glad to be a member of the forum!

Jsaymann51

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to DF from Colorado.

I am not a Cummins guy, so I am not much help to you on that but we have some great members here that are and I am sure they will be able to give you some opinions and advice.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Happy New Years to you too.
Welcome to Diesel Forums. Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Welcome to DF

Diesels love to breath in easier,and get rid of the exhaust easier.
You've already taken care of the exhaust issue. The next step i would recomend is a good air filter. There are some good filters out today, and they can be cleaned to. With one of these filters you would actually save money other than replacing filters 6 months to a year. Then i would recomend gauges if you tow anything. Because when you increase the fueling,the egt's go up. Now that you have a tuner.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Welcome from Redding California! I'm a Ford nut. But I do know a bit about 5.9l ISB Cummins that you have. 97 is right! Lets get your intake upgraded. We have plenty of connections to get you started. Seriously all you have to do is ask? For you S&B would be the ticket. My self I'm a Tymar guy. I'd rather have the Paper element then an oil cotton element. However, Green filters come to mind. I met them at the Las Vegas SEMA show this year. I really liked their product.
Now you mentioned having some clutch issues, have you ever looked into Valair? and like 97 said Gauges, gauges, gauges! You can go analog or digital, but you have to monitor your temperatures (exhaust being the main one), boost levels, liquid and lubricant pressures. You're in good company here, we are all enthusiasts and enjoy our diesels regardless of brand preference (well, sort of). Enjoy

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the site, and we hope you enjoy your say and come back often to become a valuable member of the forum!

Intake definitely needs to be added to your list, and I can help you out with that.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
welcome to the site, and we hope you enjoy your say and come back often to become a valuable member of the forum!

Intake definitely needs to be added to your list, and I can help you out with that.

:doh:
Your Way late.
:Na_Na_Na_Na:​

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Welcome precisiondiesel!
This has been a dry thread that you revived to put you link on. Welcome to the forum. Do you plan on being a vendor here?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts