Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a book on the Infiniti system. Sure would be nice to be able to set or even use the system to it's fullest.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Unfortunately, the Infinity systems are preset.

They also have only certain frequencies going to certain speakers. This makes it difficult when wanting to just replace a set or door speakers for example. The Infinity amp will only send say 125hz to 500hz (not sure of exact frequencies) to the front door speakers to give you a midbass range. And pretty much any speaker, whether component or otherwise, will have a range of 100hz to 20khz dependant on the speaker. The Infinity amp limits the range the speaker will receive.

The system is set up to give midbass out of fronts, midrange out of the rear doors, upper midrange and highs out of the dash, and of course sub range out of the sub out (if you have one). And on top of that, the factory infinities are usually 2ohm, which is not a healthy resistance to run on aftermarket mids.

With that being said, what is the sound you are looking for? What type of music do you listen to? And what, if any, would be the ultimate goal you are tring to achieve with the audio in your truck?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not really looking for sound but how to set buttons or use GPS etc. It sounds fine for what I need. You do seem to know your stuff as the others say. Thanks for responding. Ramcharger

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
well the factory infinity is preset, but it is also their lower grade equipment. its not anything like their top shelf stuff. good luck with your quest

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I have to go the El Chepo Rout. I hate AutoZone sometimes!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts