Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not into using these sites but would like to hear from anyone who has any comments regarding airbags for suspension. My Dodge Ram dually rides pretty rough - especially when I'm pulling my 35 foot fifth wheel. Someone suggested having airbags installed for a smoother ride. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Welcome to diesel forums. I have air ride bags on my truck and i really like them.The benifit of the bags is they can help with the wieght of the fifth wheel. For example you've probably noticed another truck thats hooked to a heavy trailer,where the rear of the truck is lower than the front end.When the rear of the truck is so low it actually takes the wieght off the front of the truck which reduces the steering ability of the truck.The bags can help level the rear of the truck with the front of the truck. I've had my fifth wheel loaded on my truck and even a tractor with a heavy duty trailer and with the bags inflated the ride is much better and safer. The truck is also safer to drive. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I was gonna comment on all the comfort aspects of air bags. Not from experience, but review from a friend of mine.
But 97Cummins brings up some very good safety aspects.
I think I may look into doing this too.
I'm asuming there are some in cab controls??

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to DF from Colorado.

I have been planning on installing air bags on my truck. The ride whether loaded down or not, is much nicer. I want mine for the safety aspect when I haul or tow heavy loads.

There are different types Glenn. You can have the ones where you have to manually air them up and down, or get an on board setup. I plan on doing the on board setup with a compressor, tank, and in cab controls.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have to manually put air in the bags for right now,but i do plan on getting the onboard setup installed soon.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the forum from one of this sites great super moderators. we hope you come back often to become a valuable member of the forum!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts