Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my brother 'helped' me wash my truck & used a scouring pad to remove sap, what can I use to get the scratches off?

also, I have crappy water & washed the dust off & forgot about the water, now I have waterspots on my windows, driving me crazy.....er.

any good hints out there? I tried was but so far its not working, any brands u guys know that works best? oh yeah, with the least amount of effort

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Your going to have to compound it with a buffer, If you don't have one better find a good detail or paint shop that has somebody to get the scratches off. No need for you to burn the paint, this is delicate work they do not have much paint from the factory. As far as the water spots? Lightly Buff it with a good wax, It works for me. Then RainX them to keep from having that problem. Next time use a shammy after you wash. You know Sham WOW!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
hmm scratches? as in if you gently rub your nails across them do they catch? is so take it to professional detailer, they maybe able to fix it...

water spots are easy. rewash it, dry it, use claybar on whole truck, polish it out, then put a quality sealant on it (ie; zaino or klasse or the such) and if you feel ambitious put on some carnuba wax

i do detailing on the side and im giving you the best recommendations i can...

btw www.autogeek.net will be your best friend for your paint care needs

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Now thats a good post compared to my vague post. I have been in so many forum battles it has caused me to be this way! Thanks Zombie!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Some really good info there Zombie reps to ya :smileup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, Yes, I have a chamois & sham wow's.....I also have a buffer, but I am afraid of making the problem worse with it. guess I'll try, waxing the windows suck too since the shell is worse then the other windows.....MAN do I regret getting it wet & forgetting the crudy water:smiledown:

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
thanks everyone. chemical guys is pretty good too. so is admas and a whole bunch of other stuff. i actually stick to a few select brands, depending on the vehicle and the needs of myself/ or customer..

·
Registered
252 Posts
thanks everyone. chemical guys is pretty good too. so is admas and a whole bunch of other stuff. i actually stick to a few select brands, depending on the vehicle and the needs of myself/ or customer..
Here is an interesting fact... I know Adams likes to tell a story about his college days and his roommates father being some kind of scientist who invented there wax but let the truth be told... Chemical guys actually makes most of the wax's adams sells under his label... CB makes a bulk for private labels.. so when you buy the CB version its actually a bit better quality.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
i dont use either of their products truthfully. i use sealants then top them off with boutique waxes on my rides. particularly my favorite boutique wax... DODO JUICE. I absolutely love the stuff.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, I tried 3 different things & nothing worked, BUT I did try turtle wax rubbing compound & heavy duty cleaner.......IT WORKED GREAT!!!:smileup: Not fun since it appears some of the stuff on the shell was pretty bad, but it is gone now!!:woohoo:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good info I apparently missed, thanks guys, I will try some of this, my paint looks cruddy

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
do yourself a favor go to the junk yard and grab a hood or a fender or a door. all can be had cheaply and use that to test your skills and refine your skills before applying buffer to your truck... you will thank me on this recommendation

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great idea!!!! My nephew 'helped' & I don't want to make it worse, BUT I have a boat I can test on.......rep points for u

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
thanks, and once you get the hang of it, it isnt too bad to doo, just remember dont hold the buffer in one spot too long causing the surface to get too warm.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
THATS IT I WANT TO SEE! A ZOMBIE KILLER DETAIL KIT ON THIS SITE, ASAP! Or Zombie Give us a the top ten must have products!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
you want to see my detailing? how about this for eye candy.. thats minimum of 3 hours every week and once a month it got a full 10 hour detail. what i spent on cleaning and detailing supplies would fry your brain. On average i was going through about $400.00 a month on cleaning/detailing supplies for my own car alone!

if you want a list i can get it for you...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
you want to see my detailing? how about this for eye candy.. thats minimum of 3 hours every week and once a month it got a full 10 hour detail. what i spent on cleaning and detailing supplies would fry your brain. On average i was going through about $400.00 a month on cleaning/detailing supplies for my own car alone!

if you want a list i can get it for you...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts