Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 7.3. has 75 hp injectors bd turbo banks whicked wheel afe intake 5 inch turbo back TS 6 position chip. and it doesnt smoke at all. im curious to any tips tricks or hints or advice to smoke it just roll smoke... any help would great thanks

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Forgive me, but a few people in this world have ruined the idea of having a diesel to smoke, or "Roll Coal." You have a TS chip there is a tune for it (that's all I'm going to tell you). However! Making a diesel to smoke might be cool, but it's just plain waste of fuel, and performance. In the 60s and 70s the government had to put a stop to it with big rigs. Now its back, and I'm not happy with it. It's your truck you do what you want. Just don't be like the others that caused this movement to be called the new "Ricer crowed" by the gas guys.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Hmm. Do you feel a change in power when using the tunes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
only differance i notice is off high idel and one setting makes it haul ass with no smoke all other setting dont do any thing at all

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Sounds like an issue I had. Remove the chip, clean all the terminals real good, and reinstall. Also when hooking up the knob to wherever it is located make sure the washer tab is in setting number 6 hole. Once I did that my truck performed like it should

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
only differance i notice is off high idel and one setting makes it haul ass with no smoke all other setting dont do any thing at all
Looks like to me the one setting that makes you move is the one to have! The rest you might have to have looked at, and reprogramed. Did you get it used?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it was on the truck when i got it and i blew up my ATS trans and at that time i pulled it out and since it only works on those modes but still yet even before it never smoked lol thats what im puzzled about

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
it was on the truck when i got it and i blew up my ATS trans and at that time i pulled it out and since it only works on those modes but still yet even before it never smoked lol thats what im puzzled about
please read this....

Sounds like an issue I had. Remove the chip, clean all the terminals real good, and reinstall. Also when hooking up the knob to wherever it is located, make sure the washer with the tab, that the tab is in setting number 6 hole. Once I did that my truck performed like it should

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Breaking the transmission is a common problem. You have to be careful with your tuning. You might want to have TS update the tunings especially if they are not working for you. Tony Wildman comes to mind and so does DP Tuners. If your nice they could have what you're looking for. I hope you have upgraded your transmission to handle the power, thats biggest thing overlooked when tuning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts