Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a used turbo. doesnt have to be anything fancy, and I simply cant afford a new one. if anyone has upgraded and wants to sell their old one.

I have a 2001 Dodge 5.9L 24valve automatic, 4x4 3/4 ton

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got an hx-35 off my 94 cummins ,im in middle of a big Horsepower build so i dont need it, no oil leaks, no compressor grooves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
To Bull383, im a authorized fuel injection rebuild tech, when rebuilding a fuel injector one must have a pop tester and a lapping block for Dodge Injector's which is very spendy. To rebuild a Heuii injector one must have a lapping block,pop testor,shim's, and a very expensive calibration machine to check low idle,high idle,mid range and full delievery then once you can check those cc numbers one must adjust those cc's between the set to achieve balance mostly on the low idle hence it's the most noticeable, even brand new factory parts never calibrate after rebuild and must always be calibrated several times on our test stands which run the injectors at all those specs via low and high pressure simulating actual vehicle demands, as far as injection pumps theyt must be calibrated as well on half a million dollar testands to function propperly such as the vp44, p7100 ect ...only a few pumps on the market dont need flow tested before running. As a tech that is certified i must say your class's are use less...guy's all day long teach and even have youtube clip's of rebuilding pump's and injectors..like the powerstroke heuii's ...As some one who has rebuilt all of them hundreds of times i must say with out access to these $30,000-$250,000 machines your wasting your time as these injectors after a brand new rebuild never come out in spec which has devistating resuilts for mileage,drivability and balance of deliveries. So whats the point of teaching general public to rebuild these ? To take their money ? lol. The only injectors that can be rebuilt with a simple lapping block and pop tester are 5.9 and simular style injectors and at the cost of a pop tester why not just pay a pro authorized shop to do it,lol? Now TURBO'S ARE EASY AND REQUIRE NO SUCH EXPERIANCE OR TOOLING other then gauge to set waste gate and spring lb tester on other models. Im so confused as why you would advertise somthing like injector rebuilding and injection pumps? Perhaps you are reffering to gasket kit's or cam plate instal's ? lol. nozzle sawps perhaps ? lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts