Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

stacks... shiny or black

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a deal on a set of 5" shiny turnout stacks off of a peterbilt complete with the y-pipe and connector pipe. with that being said should i leave them shiny or paint them black? These are going on my 1999 F250 extended cab with a long bed, in Dark Green

·
Registered
543 Posts
I personally say black, but that really depends on whether you go with black rims or not.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my truck is dark green but we are thinking of getting rid of the chrome, and selling the polished oem wheels for some black wheels

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like chrome but as stated above depends on your trucks finished state with what you said i would go black.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I say go with murdered. But then again I like the chrome! If you do do the black strip the chrome first! You won't be able to keep the black on.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Chrome rims ??? I would go Chrome Smokers. But your gonna do away with the rims I would go Black
How are you gonna finish them in black??? Satin Black Powder coat??

I voted Black

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
probably high temp grille paint in flat black. i am actually thinking about some black steelie wheels instead of my polished aluminums. i would love to find someone that wants to swap out...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i hope your joking.... right?

you put bedliner on the grill you cook with or the one you have to protect your radiator???

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Banned
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks guys.. i think i may do the black and green theme....

gotta get a set of black steelies before the wifey desecrates the polished oem bullet holes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts