Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how about a diesel of the month, or break it down like some other forums to individual makes of the month such as ford and dodge and chevy of the months

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Good idea !!! I think as soon as the forum achieves a certain population maybe the Admin can look at a All forum Truck of The Month.
Then when it gets huge each of the big 3 can have their own Truck of the Month.

I'm also thinking... At the end of the year, we could use each months winners in a following year Diesel Forum Calendar. I could have them printed up here.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
How about this! We do the calendar, and add window stickers, pens, and business cards with QR Code tags to the site. This will be given to members as a Thank you for being a paid supporter. Then How about making a member a paid member, for bringing in at least 10 more members. And give them a bonus if one becomes a sit supporter. Some of our vendors could benefit for being on this! Bringing in people that have done the mods and know their stuff. I don't care if another forum does this but having a monthly or a huge yearly giveaway is the way to go. And it's the best way for vendors to get in.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well we would have to raise the cost of paid memberships. i handled doing calenders for another forum, for my car club, and it cost an average of $10.00-$11.00 for each calender. as far as stickers, pens, business card, etc they all cost money, although I am trying designing on my off time a business card for the forum. they arent hard to do and you can get a kit at walmart for it for less then $20.00 so as you can see the cost of these would exceed the price of the membership, which is designed to help pay for the actual site its self, to help keep cost off of the website owner.

BUT with that being said I can and will talk to GT about possibly giving a df.com decal to paid members, but again that comes out of his personal pocket, so i dunno if he would want to do that.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
My goodness man! DB had it done and their membership costs were half the price of this site! And of course the Calendars are going to have a good amount of cost to them. But we need something to get this going! There need to be worth for the members and Venders! How about if they are a paid member they get to be apart of the big giveaways? I will continue to through stuff out there! But this guy obviously has more then one forum and is doing comfortably right? May be we are not recruiting the right people that can make this happen? If we need to be the top Diesel Forum site Nows the time! None of the other forums are doing this anymore and we could get those members, that miss this stuff! I wish some of our vendors would have some input on this! They need to apart of this! Because this is us talking not the owners yet! I'd like to understand what they and the owner wan't! Me I wan't this to be the top all around general Diesel Forum. I have done my recruiting, and have been told no way! So my leads are now dry because of the lack of interaction by this forum. But I do see this as a way to work with brand new members that are new to diesels, and introduce them to our genre.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Start small... Keep it inexpensive and then as the forum slowly grows so will the forum swag

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Start small... Keep it inexpensive and then as the forum slowly grows so will the forum swag
:str:

This forum has slowly grown. You notice all of the activity?
We have been doing it inexpensive. This sit has code issues from the forum software, no activity from the admin or super moderators (except you Zombie, you're here even while on deployment), very little activity from the mods (Vendors). How many new post have you seen that are either you, me, Rattler, Zombie, 97. What can I say! We don't even have a good marketing or SEO! I'm blowing a lot of steam so I do apologize. This has been my frustration with this site. They have 10 other forums and I'm feeling like this one is being treated like a step child. :box2::kap:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well, my opinion is this... The admins aren't active on this site do to the fact most of them don't even own a diesel. They really have nothing to add to the tech and mod threads that we post. I understand that aspect completely. But, there could be a little more interaction in general to help keep the site going and promote it. I have brought many people to this site, of which a lot liked the idea of being a part of a new up and coming diesel forum, the problem is that the activity is a lil sub-par compared to other ones we belong to, so they haven't been on much.

I am willing to spread the word more and get the guys back on here and bring new members to the site, but some tuning up to the site might need to take place.

One question... Why is the cost of membership so high? I know I only paid $60 for a lifetime membership on the ORG.

Gregg.... What did the boss say?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Good stuff right there!
I highly understand about Admin not being diesel owners. They were even honest about it from the beginning! But to not even show up 1/4 of the time?
Where are the vendors on this? What do they wan't? They could have posted a lot of content instead of adds. Granted I do know they have a business or jobs, family to run. So do most of us. I'm swimming over here with the advice, shooting off the hip trying to figure out vehicle problems on unseen vehicles? Thanks to I2Trucks and a few others, it has been a good team effort. The bad thing is they don't come back to let us know if we helped or if we were full of (Expletive deleted)!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Good stuff right there!
I highly understand about Admin not being diesel owners. They were even honest about it from the beginning! But to not even show up 1/4 of the time?
I understand some of your frustration Rustin but some of it, I don't quite understand.
If the creators of this forum came to the site more frequently... what would that change?? They can't contribute to the diesel topics... Yes it would be nice to see them once in a while. But it won't help or hinder the success of the site.

Where are the vendors on this? What do they wan't? They could have posted a lot of content instead of adds. Granted I do know they have a business or jobs, family to run. So do most of us.
I'd like to see more representatives from the vendors participate more in some of the threads. But I'm sure there quite a few rules that these vendors may have to abide by, like not speak on behalf of a brand name or manufactures name in a forum or social group setting.
I'm swimming over here with the advice, shooting off the hip trying to figure out vehicle problems on unseen vehicles? Thanks to In2Trux and a few others, it has been a good team effort. The bad thing is they don't come back to let us know if we helped or if we were full of (Expletive deleted)!
This I understand your frustration... but as you know, it is a column part of life in the forum world. I'm a Moderator on two other forums, and it happens there too. Nothing we can do about it. (that I'm aware of)
All we can do is polity ask them to come back.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Good stuff right there!
Where are the vendors on this? What do they wan't? They could have posted a lot of content instead of adds. Granted I do know they have a business or jobs, family to run. So do most of us. I'm swimming over here with the advice, shooting off the hip trying to figure out vehicle problems on unseen vehicles? Thanks to I2Trucks and a few others, it has been a good team effort. The bad thing is they don't come back to let us know if we helped or if we were full of (Expletive deleted)!
Out of curiosity. who are you referring to as they? Admins, or vendors?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Out of curiosity. who are you referring to as they? Admins, or vendors?
Vendors. I'm starting to get some weird vibes over here? And I'm fully well aware of most of the rules. However talking on experience, Giving good advice and being able to help is a plus. It goes along way. Unless they are battle weary from the other forums? There are some forums out there that have knocked some of these guys around. My goodness Isspro should be able to build a thread on New products and post on their operation here, are their hands tied (Thats Content!)? I'v had enough. I'm going to stop, you all have been great. And I'm Sorry for posting this junk. Just for the record I did not start this thread. And probably should not have posted on here. I just want to continue to be excited about this forum and help. Not come on here, all depressed and feel like I'm the odd one out. Bad enough I'm not trusted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts