Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Ram 3500, when I bought it I didn't have this issue. I took vehicle into dealer for something and they updated computer. Now my horn blows as if it were a back up beeper when you are backing up with the door open. I have a hard time backing my trailer into a tight spot with door shut and if I open the door, the horn blows and bother neighbors now.

Is there a way to turn this off? The dealer tells me there is no way to deactivate it now.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I have a 2006 Ram 3500, when I bought it I didn't have this issue. I took vehicle into dealer for something and they updated computer. Now my horn blows as if it were a back up beeper when you are backing up with the door open. I have a hard time backing my trailer into a tight spot with door shut and if I open the door, the horn blows and bother neighbors now.

Is there a way to turn this off? The dealer tells me there is no way to deactivate it now.
I need a B.S. smiley! If it started after they updated the PCM! Then they miss connected something, or have flashed it with messed up software! B.S if they say it cannot be deactivated. Keep your documentation and scan it to your hard drive, video it, and send it to corporate, if the dealership continues this lazy path of passive service! If all else fails you could put it on youtube, they hate Bad publicity! Show it to your local news agency!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 04 2500 did a similar thing. I had it in for a recall to have an alert on the computer put on if the transmission had not gone into park. If I had it in gear with the door open the horn would blow.

·
Registered
160 Posts

OK guys this is actually a TSB 21-023-05 from Nov. 11, 2005. Out of park Sense Alarm The reason for this was several instances where people thought they had the trans in park when they didn't resulting in several injuries and crashes.

Out Of Park Sense Alarm

DISCUSSION:
Vehicles with a diesel engine and an automatic transmission are equipped with an alarm
that warns the customer, upon exiting the vehicle, that the transmission is not in the “Park”
position. This feature will only be functional under following conditions:

·
engine running

·

foot off the brake pedal

·

driver’s seat belt is unbuckled

·

driver’s door is open.

When this feature is triggered the horn will sound, the high beams and turn signal lamps
will flash. This will continue until one of the following conditions is met:
·

engine is turned off

·

transmission is in “Park”

·

driver’s seat belt is buckled

·

brakes applied.

NOTE: THIS FEATURE IS STANDARD EQUIPMENT AND CANNOT BE DISABLED.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I am not messing with that one! Good post. tells you how much I know about that year of Dodge Mater of fact I only know 1st, second generations. 7.3l from 1995-2002 and a few other Power-plants that some may never see. Thanks for the TSB!

·
Registered
160 Posts
It was not actually in the original programming for the early build trucks. Once they came out with a flash update it was included so if you didn't have it before you will have it now. The thing with updates is that they might be concerning a whole differrent issue but it will contain any and all updates to your particular vehicle.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Flash tuning is going to be bigger then it ever was for the Gassers, once they get it all processed for the diesels! We will see moor companies in competition with flash software. So far the top Flash tuning software is EFI Live(GM maybe dodge), and SCT(FoMoCo), Dodge will eventually get a good tuner. If they have tuning software for the Viper, Charger, Challenger, Ram 1500, and Neon. They should have one for the diesels makes no sense why it is such a problem. The New Edge system is causing some issues, and the only thing that is holding up is the Smarty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts