Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Ken I have a 1984 F250 with a 6.9idi its my first diesel and I want to put an aftermarket turbo on it. I would like to know if anyone can give me some advice before i go tearing into it. I used to work on semis but I don't have much experience with smaller diesels.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Hi my name is Ken I have a 1984 F250 with a 6.9idi its my first diesel and I want to put an aftermarket turbo on it. I would like to know if anyone can give me some advice before i go tearing into it. I used to work on semis but I don't have much experience with smaller diesels.
Welcome to the Forum! and we could use this post on the Ford side of the forum. So if you get a chance repost it over there please? That we would get a discussion on it and help the forum out with content! plenty of informative people that an help.:Hey:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the dieselforums from one of your friendly forum super moderators. I hope you continue to come back often, to become a valuable member of our forum.

as for your question i would have to say look into the banks or ats turbo kits. as far as what to look for, i would just make sure your fuel system is up to par, and do all your maintenance on the motor and trans. also get yourself some gauges to monitor the performance. you will need an exhaust gas temp gauge, trans temp, and boost gauges at a minimum! I hope this helps you some!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Hi Ken
Welcome to Diesel Forums
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your classic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts