Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got a edge 65hp controller for my 99 dodge,It makes my truck run so good that i am afraid i am hooked.Need for more power.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to Diesel Forums
Your symptoms are text book. I've been bitten by the Horsepower bug.
Antidote: CAI (cold air intake) and a performance exhaust and as many Test and Tune weekends you can attend. :)
Glad you joined and enjoy your stay

·
Registered
935 Posts
Welcome to diesel forums
yup, you got bit by the bug.Like alot of other people here.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to DF and the addiction!!

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Welcome. Nothing new there, I might be the only one with very, very, few mods on my truck. LOL!
If you really want to do it right, start with the basics.

1. Guages! If you don't have any? Get some. Ask any of our vendors they might have a package deal for you.
  2. Intake and exhaust your not getting the full benefits of a controller if you don't upgrade the basics.
  3. Transmission, if you start getting above 400-500 your going to weakend that POS so get reddy to upgrade the transmission.
  4. Injectors, that come after the transmission.
  5. Gearing, If you going for pull com, drag racing, towing with fuel ecconomy in mind, gearing is importent.
  6. Weight, Just try and lighten a 3/4 ton.
  7. Injectibles, Nitrous Oxide, Propain, Water-methinol, natural gas, The Nos or water-methinol is the standard. the others wil depend on where you live, they don't do well with extreme climate change.
  8. Pistons; Oops this should be done with the injectors.
  9. Valvtrain, oops this should be done with injectors.
  10. Lowerend girdle. also should be done with injectors.
  11. Another transmission, becuase the stuff I just posted will eat your stage 2 in a heart beat!
Above all else, Have fun!
Do realize that modifying your truck will go against the EPA so check emission laws in your state.
Keep in mind that diesels are built to tighter tolerances then gas, so that means it's not inexpensive to do a performance change on your vehicle. IF it is, you're not truly getting remarkable gains from chinese made parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts