Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

We just became owners of a 2002 Ram 3500, with the 5.9L Diesel engine. There is one problem that we are having ith our truck and I am hoping that someone here can help us. Sometimes when we depress the throttle down, there is no reaction from the motor. It doesn't happen very often but every once in a while it does. I have tried taking the overdrive off, putting the overdrive on, changing gears, etc..the only thing that I have found that does help is to shift into neutral and then back into gear. I have read on other posts to check the codes by turning the truck key on and off three times, teh only code that comes up is: P PCU. I have not seen where I can find the codes listed to find out what this code means.

Others have told us that it sounds like the Throttle Positioning Sensor?

I am hoping that someone out there can help me! Otherwise..WONDERFUL truck!!! Pulling a 4 horse bumper pull trailer..what POWER!!!!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to diesel forums
We're glad you guys are here. Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Welcome to diesel forums.
It sounds like your throttle position sensor is acting up.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I will agree with the possibilities of the TPS, But I do have to ask? How old are your batteries, and have you checked your alternator charging system? Some times low voltage causes some interesting electrical issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I amnot sure how old the batteries are..we will check those first before we do anything else. Thanks so much for the ideas! LOVE the truck!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts