Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy a brand new Sig Sauer P229 custom engraved my Divisions insignia and the operation we are currently in for $740.00 out the door. the Caliber will be a .40 is this worth it? I have never shot or held a sig before... that is the one brand I have not touched...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so i finally got a chance to handle a P228 from one of our CI guys, and its essentially the same size and weight. I LOVED IT

SO I BOUGHT THE P229!!!! i should have it around september/october

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sorry, I didn't see this thread! I agree that is something you definitely want to buy. It will be a great story piece for your grandchildren. :smileup:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Andy. I am so excited to pick this up at the end of my deployment! To hell with having this be a "Display Weapon" I will be shooting this one regularly!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks Andy. I am so excited to pick this up at the end of my deployment! To hell with having this be a "Display Weapon" I will be shooting this one regularly!

I hear ya! My Dad bought a few guns "for display"...it didn't take long before he was on the range shooting the hell out of it. :D

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats the way to do it bro.... its a gun.. might as well put a stick above your mantle then to have a perfectly good weapon sit there... it was made to shoot not sit there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts