Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, Im new to the whole diesel world! Traded my 2011 Camaro off, got a 08 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Diesel.

Absolutely love the truck aside from the fact it is so quite! I'm wanting to straight pipe it, I already have access to most of the materials at a friends shop.
I was taking a look at the stock setup and it looks like there are fuel lines going into the exhaust towards the back of the truck, Is there any how to's on straight piping these trucks or Do's or Dont's?
Better safe than sorry, didnt want to start dropping the stock set up until i figure out exactly what i need to do.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to DF!!!

I think you need to do some research on a DPF delete before you do anything to the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to Diesel Forums Scraw
Glad your here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

That is your DPF. You suspicions was right. You can't just disconnect this stuff and straight pipe it.
Hang in there and a couple of the site sponsors will chime in and help you on your DPF delete and EGR delete.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Do i have to have a programmer to straight pipe it?
Somebody could make it real simple on me, say:
You Need!
This
This
and This!

Lol :)

·
Registered
935 Posts
yes you need to find an exhaust system
then you need get the programer to fool the ecu
but you need to get ahold of one of the venders here and they'll be able to tell you what programers will work for your truck.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Well Scraw I believe that most of our vendors or gearing up for the new year. So I apologize that none have answered you. But I have included a link to the Diesel Forums registered vendors page. Click on their homepage link and see if one of them is a good match for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are probably all out playing with their new toys! :)
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
welcome to the site, and we hope you enjoy your say and come back often to become a valuable member of the forum!
:shakehead:
Common Gregg? Check the dates!
:gy:​

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well its been Alittle while, starting to play with truck some .. I have a 8" suspension lift,37" swampers, an edge juice with attitude programmer being delivered this week!
but my question still stands, aside from the programmer I just ordered, the flex pipe, straight pipe and clamps what's else do I need for sensors,ect.
Sponsers please feel free to chip in, I'm needing to place order ASAP. Thanks!

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Well its been Alittle while, starting to play with truck some .. I have a 8" suspension lift,37" swampers, an edge juice with attitude programmer being delivered this week!
but my question still stands, aside from the programmer I just ordered, the flex pipe, straight pipe and clamps what's else do I need for sensors,ect.
Sponsers please feel free to chip in, I'm needing to place order ASAP. Thanks!
Whom ever you ordered from should give you all of that information. Keep in mind you will need gauges! EDGE has been Known to cause high EGTs. You should not have to eliminate any sensors that I know of (they are vital to the system's communication(I might be wrong)). 97 is on it, he will give it to you straight.

We need to move this part of the thread to the right area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whom ever you ordered from should give you all of that information. Keep in mind you will need gauges! EDGE has been Known to cause high EGTs. You should not have to eliminate any sensors that I know of (they are vital to the system's communication(I might be wrong)). 97 is on it, he will give it to you straight.

We need to move this part of the thread to the right area.[/QUOTE

When I say sensors I'm talking about the plugs that connect to stock exhaust, I purchased the programmer online so they don't give me info on straight piping it, as for materials I just got them from a local shop, I'm assuming there's something made where I can unplug the sensors/plugs from stock exhaust and plug them into an aftermarket unit to delete or fool them, then just install straight pipe. I may be wrong but that's why I'm here :)

·
Registered
935 Posts
I believe with the proper programer hooked into the system.All you will have to do is put the sensors into the straight pipe and with the programmer hooked up, the ecu will still think the dpf system is on and working.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts