Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well lets see a few weeks ago driving the diesel on the hwy the belt breaks.. so put on a new belt and water pump was leaking got a new one put that on.. Now if you drive it very far the temp gauge goes to red but the radiator isnt hot... so we looked up the codes and im getting..
P0217
P0480
P2502
P0483
U3FFF
I know what they say about them.. but what do i need to do to check them or fix it.. Ive tried looking up as much as i can checked fuses/wiring everything is good.. Well most of the wires unless there is some others hiding? what else do i need to do?? Please help me!! any suggestions would be great thanks!!
07' 5.9

·
Registered
17 Posts
id feel the hose's see if there cold or hot you could possibly have a clogged hose bad thermostat, that isint closing or opening,what are all the codes mean? might be able to help you a lil bit more

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
P0217-COOLANT TEMPERATURE TOO HIGH
P0483-COOLING FAN SPEED
P0480-COOLING FAN 1 CONTROL CIRCUIT/OPEN
P2502-I have nothing for you ask a qualified ram diesel tech
U3FFF-once again I don't have an answer.

I agree with blue check and double check you hoses and the install of the water pump. If you did the water pump correctly, you should have replaced the thermostat with it.
I think your fan clutch might be the culprit, but don't quote me on that one. every truck is different but I would seriously look in that direction after you have ruled out the thermostat. The possibility that your water pump might have damaged the fan clutch system. It's rare, but it does happen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
P0217-COOLANT TEMPERATURE TOO HIGH
P0483-COOLING FAN SPEED
P0480-COOLING FAN 1 CONTROL CIRCUIT/OPEN
P2502-I have nothing for you ask a qualified ram diesel tech
U3FFF-once again I don't have an answer.

I agree with blue check and double check you hoses and the install of the water pump. If you did the water pump correctly, you should have replaced the thermostat with it.
I think your fan clutch might be the culprit, but don't quote me on that one. every truck is different but I would seriously look in that direction after you have ruled out the thermostat. The possibility that your water pump might have damaged the fan clutch system. It's rare, but it does happen.
ahh vry good call,dident even think about,very well could be your fan clutch/or a relay my dad had his relay go bad on his v10 but check all those that rustin and i has said,if after that i have no idea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts