Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have a diesel pickup yet , i"m researching . I have a 2000 GMC extended cab Z71 5.3 . I haul a 2000 lb camper with it , I"m thinkin a 3/4 ton diesel would be better. So do I want a Ford,Dodge or GM ? Im not rich , so a used truck , like 2000 to 2005 . Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Forums from Texas:wavey:
Glad to have you on board!!! Sorry I can't help, But maybe someone will chime in soon!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Forumz from Kansas. Great site with great people. If you have any questions feel free to ask. We'll do our best to help :cool:

Personally I'm a Dodge guy so of course I'm gonna say Dodge :cool:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Get a 7.3L and save up, rebuild the tranny and have fun with it!

Welcome to DP!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Forums! Good luck finding the right truck! Keep us posted. Glad you joined us. :smileup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks folks ,I will be reading through this forum some more . I live in Ontario Canada , so hello from the great white north.:smileup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome to the forum dent head good luck on your search.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Welcome
to

Diesel Forums

:wavey:

I would say go for a 1996-2002 7.3l and 2004-5 6.0l and none of the 6.4l yet but there prices are expected to drop. Any of the Dodge Cummins from 1990-2006 are fine, and Gm Diesel from 1990-2006 are good. Lots of info on those trucks so do ask questions. That way we can expose all of their inherit weaknesses.Prices on these trucks are going to hit the floor soon but fuel prices are shooting to the moon! So it is going to be a weird situation.​

1 - 13 of 13 Posts