Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i traded a buddy my stock suspension for his 6" lifted suspension... WOO-HOO unfortunately i will be running my 33's under it for a long time, like when they wear out since we already ordered them before i came upon this deal.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Excited for you buddy.. This is gonna look awesome.
Just a suggestion. Post and ad in your local want ads. Online or paper.
Wanted to trade. 33 for your 36 (or whatever your looking for)
Put it out there, you never know. Our local 4x4 club does the same too

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but i doubt the wife will let me get rid of brand new BFG km2's for used tires... as a matter of fact she already told me no, as he wanted to give me his slightly used 35's

·
Registered
543 Posts
6" lift with 33s huh? hmmmmmmm.... What made you decide to go with the lift Gregg? You know it is going to make things tighter when wheelin and camping in the mountains right?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well after talking to shannon she wanted some more altitude/attitude, so once Mike put it up i decided to snag it. we also picked up a set of 315/75/16 BFG All Terrains which are 35's

·
Registered
176 Posts
Can't wait to see the pictures of it lifted!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
well after talking to shannon she wanted some more altitude/attitude, so once Mike put it up i decided to snag it. we also picked up a set of 315/75/16 BFG All Terrains which are 35's
Well I agree with some altitude/attitude, but for me personally around here anything over 4" is too much. There are a lot off low hanging branches and off angled roads that could get sketchy with too high of a center of gravity, not to mention some of the high winds we can get. Driving on the highway with high winds can be a bitch even with my truck.

But, that being said, is just my opinion.

Either way, I bet it will look good.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh thats understandable jeff, I too have long lived that theory as well. BUT mama wants something, i execute.

·
Registered
543 Posts
oh thats understandable jeff, I too have long lived that theory as well. BUT mama wants something, i execute.

Ok, well I can see your "reasoning" for getting the lift, but has "mama" driven a lifted truck in the mountains here in CO?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so we are not getting that lift kit.. long story made short, we came to an agreement it wasnt in the best interest to buy it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......

I am getting the procomp leveling kit that Raul sells.

BUT I know of someone else on this forum that just got the same kit and installed it.. patiently waiting for pics

·
Registered
543 Posts
Is that particular someone me Gregg? lol

I am going to be installing it today, I will post before and afters, and possibly some of the process.

Now just slow your roll and be patient my friend. lol

·
Registered
543 Posts
It's all good man. I am going to be heading out to do the work in a couple hours.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts