Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been adding air bags and camper tie downs and scooching around underneath the truck , Admireing how MASSIVE the engine and tranny are ,, but coulsnt help but notice the harder than usual place to get for the oil filter ,, Any body know where to get a extended oil filter wrench or how to make one ?????

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I don't remember the tool that Sears had but here is a picture of it

You can use that or go from the top of the truck and remove the hose connected to the turbo inlet and remove the oil filter from there.
Or
Take the wheel well off and remove oil filter from there, there is no real easy way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a sweet looking tool , im heading there now , thanks , why in the h---ll cant an engineer put a oil filter where it can be changed , ARRRGH !!!!

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
thats a sweet looking tool , im heading there now , thanks , why in the h---ll cant an engineer put a oil filter where it can be changed , ARRRGH !!!!
That's a common problem that we have with them!:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
935 Posts

You should see some of the spots the brain dead designers(as i like to call them) put the filters on the over the road trucks. What a pain in the !!!. LITERALY! Even with cummins new isl motor. The fuel filter is huge and in a horable spot to change them.
I feel like shooting someone when i have to change one.:wtf:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts