Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my truck to the dealership b/c it wouldn't start. It would turn over fine, but could not get it to start. Luckily, still had 1 week left on warranty. They replaced 3 injectors and the fuel pressure regulator. My question is...Is there diesel fuel treatment(s) that are available that would have prevented this? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
A fuel treatment won't prevent a fuel pressure regulator from failing or prolong the life of an injector. A good fuel filter and a regular regiment of replacing that filter will save those components. Oh ya, and good quality fuel. Not the cheap diesel at these independent gas bars

Welcome to diesel forums

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
A fuel treatment won't prevent a fuel pressure regulator from failing or prolong the life of an injector. A good fuel filter and a regular regiment of replacing that filter will save those components. Oh ya, and good quality fuel. Not the cheap diesel at these independent gas bars

Welcome to diesel forums
If he has a pre 2007 truck there is a need for a fuel additive. Remember it's now Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) On these 6.0l and 7.3l, it's the fuel that lubricates some of the parts in the fuel system, it can act like a coolant to. Without the sulfur you loose a good amount of lubricity. and some of the O-rings will dry up or flatten. I'v replaced a lot of O-rings on these fords because of the ULSD fuel.

My recommendation is:
  1. Marvels Mystery Oil
  2. Lucas fuel additive
  3. Rev X
There are more out there, These are the three I continue to use. I'm using Rev X from TPdiesel right now. Stanadyne from Diesel Dawgs is an excellent additive if you want what Ford recommends.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Thanks. What brand filters and what interval would you recommend changing the fuel filters?
I use GM's ACDelco filter
I'm not sure what YOUR owner's manual says.. I replace mine every 25.000 km or if our weather has been doing a lot of up and down temperature changes, or if I'm forced to use any diesel from a sketchy independent gas station I'll do it sooner

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Racor or Wix

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Actually they will help injectors. Ask Rattlesnake18. His injector was getting ready to bite the bullet. He used a bottle of Rev-x and it cured the problem. I shit you not.

I go back and forthe between Rev-x and XDP diesel power plus additive on my 7.3 Powerstroke.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Actually they will help injectors. Ask Rattlesnake18. His injector was getting ready to bite the bullet. He used a bottle of Rev-x and it cured the problem. I shit you not.

I go back and forthe between Rev-x and XDP diesel power plus additive on my 7.3 Powerstroke.
I stand corrected Who would of thought :kap:

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
XDP diesel power plus additive
XDP is a Bio-diesel and additive blend. LOL! It's a product that even you could buy and put your own logo on. It's not bad, It's just not the same as the three I mentioned. lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts