Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 Duramax performance sucked. I mean, like really sucked. It was getting worse every time I drove it, until it struggled to get up to 60 mph. Yes, that bad.

12,000 miles ago I had dirt & grass type debris in my fuel tank, so I removed and completely cleaned everything. Let it all thoroughly dry before reassembling. Of course, replaced the filter as well. The truck performance was good, but when loaded with a heavy trailer, performance notably declined in the past 3,000 miles.

Today I removed the tank and the pickup canister inside the tank. I don't know how it was running at all. I included pictures of what had accumulated inside the canister. I have not looked into the tank yet.

Before dissecting, I noted flat sheets of large brown flakes jammed up as they were entering the canister interior. Once inside, they are supposed to be rough-filtered at a plastic screen before being sucked into the fuel line.

Does anyone have a clue of what would cause diesel to gel or film like that? Then to break up into flakes and float around in the tank?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system

Ingredient Cuisine Food Recipe Dish

Insect Plant Finger Terrestrial plant Close-up
Organism Gesture Finger Wood Font

1 - 2 of 2 Posts