Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello crew,
I am new here and am curious as to what MPG rating I should be expecting. I have a 2006 Ram 2500 with 5 speed automatic. I just tune for economy with a Superchips Cortex and registered 24.2 on a 25 mile round trip to a neighboring town, driving between 55 and 60 MPH. About 10 % of that in town with stop lights and signs. I feel very good about that. Does anyone have any experience that they would care to share? The best that I was able to attain was 22.7 on the highway prior to the Superchips tune.

Thanks for any input.

Rol

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Hello crew,
I am new here and am curious as to what MPG rating I should be expecting. I have a 2006 Ram 2500 with 5 speed automatic. I just tune for economy with a Superchips Cortex and registered 24.2 on a 25 mile round trip to a neighboring town, driving between 55 and 60 MPH. About 10 % of that in town with stop lights and signs. I feel very good about that. Does anyone have any experience that they would care to share? The best that I was able to attain was 22.7 on the highway prior to the Superchips tune.

Thanks for any input.

Rol
That actually sounds about right. The best I have seen for that truck is 26 mpg and the worst was about 10 mpg, they were towing! If you really want to get accurate fuel results try this sit. I'm already signed up, see if you can find me? Link is imbedded in the image.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I checked out your site but could only find the 2011 Ram 2500 w/6.7. Could not find my engine group, which I think was the 3rd generation Cummins. I did get 21.7 pulling a tandem with about 6000 gross on a trip through Chicago, about 125 miles, before the Superchip. I would be delighted with 26 mpg, and I am a conservative driver. Have always bumped the upper limits of what others get on any vehicle that I have driven.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Thanks for the response. I checked out your site but could only find the 2011 Ram 2500 w/6.7. Could not find my engine group, which I think was the 3rd generation Cummins. I did get 21.7 pulling a tandem with about 6000 gross on a trip through Chicago, about 125 miles, before the Superchip. I would be delighted with 26 mpg, and I am a conservative driver. Have always bumped the upper limits of what others get on any vehicle that I have driven.
IS that so? hmm.. Ok try this link then. Fuelly 2006 Ram 2500

1 - 4 of 4 Posts