Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!!
Glad to meet some Diesel nuts like myself!! I have a question about the fuel econ. in my 2011 Dodge 3500. I hear that soon it will be illegal to remove the DPF filter so my question is can I chip this 6.7L and still leaave th DPF in or will that create too much back pressure?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Welcome to dieselforums.
yes, you can chip your truck and leave the dpf in tact.
But i would also recomend installing an egt gauge if your truck doesn't have one to keep an eye on your temps if your going to increase your fueling.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
you may have some back pressure issues with the wrong chip or tuning. if it deactivates your DPF this will cause problems for you. you want the DPF to cycle in a normal fashion. It is a collector and then an incinerator.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Or you can consider just doing a dpf delete. Get yourself the right exhaust system and the proper tuner that will work with the new exhaust and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to diesel forums
Glad your here, enjoy your stay

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the forum community. hope your will enjoy here.
I think There is no point in tuning a truck and leaving the dpf on.
I looked at the link American Trucks Buy.com under your anchor text of "Used Pickup Trucks" I saw no article to help in this thread. What is the main purpose for this link?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts