Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my 2008 F-250 and the only thing I can find that doesn't work are the fog lights. I've checked the fuse, found no loose wires and know I have to pull out the switch. Any recommendations out there?

Tom

·
Registered
160 Posts
I recently purchased my 2008 F-250 and the only thing I can find that doesn't work are the fog lights. I've checked the fuse, found no loose wires and know I have to pull out the switch. Any recommendations out there?

Tom

Did you check the bulbs themselves?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not. I'm currently out of town but I will check them when I return -- and check to see if there is voltage coming to the bulbs, also.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have not. I'm currently out of town but I will check them when I return -- and check to see if there is voltage coming to the bulbs, also.
Let me know if yoy're still having problems with them bro :smileup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fog Lights

Funny thing -- I finally got around to checking the lights out. I unplugged the wires at the lights and found NO voltage. Plugged back in and decided I would have the Ford dealer check them out when I took it in last night. Since I had a left rear wheel fly off Saturday evening at 55 MPH and watched the wheel bounce over two lanes of oncoming traffic (fortunately not hitting anything) as I pulled over to the side of the road with the rotor scraping along the pavement, I thought it best for the dealer to check out the rear end, replace the missing lug nuts and hubcap. When I fired up for the drive to the dealer the lights were working perfectly. Perhaps a bad wire/relay? We'll see how long they last. Does anyone know where the relay is for these lights?

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big,

Every one I have spoken with about this seems to think that someone was harvesting lug nuts or was trying to steal the wheel. I had driven the truck over 100 miles that day and my wife and I stopped at the grocery store for a few items before going home. We were in the store for about 45 minutes. About two miles from the store the wheel blew off. I run with the hubcaps on and these caps fit over the lug nuts. I can't for the life of me imagine how eight lug nuts could become unscrewed with the hub cap on -- and with no warning, noise or wobbling. It's a mystery.

The local Ford service person just called and we have decided to replace the wheel, rotor, lug studs and nuts, tire pressure sensor and hubcap. In addition he will bend out the backing plate behind the rotor. All that should run about $1500.

Tom

·
Registered
160 Posts
Holy Crap bro thank god not you your wife or anyone else was hurt. As far as the lights I would say you probably have a wire grounding out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts