Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking into buying 2004 chevy 2500 duramax 12400 mi $ 25000. good truck? good price? any info and guidence would be awesome!

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
i am looking into buying a 2004 chevy 2500 duramax allison 6 speed 124000 mi. they are asking 25000. good truck? too much$. any info would be awesome!
Answer these questions on the link to this thread please?
Question

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
We can't really tell you if that particular truck is a good one. You and your mechanic will have to decide on that.
That generation of truck was good... as long as the injectors got updated. Check the VIN # with your Chev dealer to see if it get done on that trk.
Price??? check your local black book value. find the base price of a truck like that.
Decide on what you want in a pick up truck. And compare it with the budget you have to buy a truck.
This will determine if this trk is for you. If this truck will full fill ALL your truck needs?? then it's worth every penny.

Do you need a diesel??
Do you need a extended cab or crew cab??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for your input. i ll do all those things. i do need a crew cab.two kids to take camping ,plus the camper we bought last year pulls ok with my gmc 1500 crew cab i would like more power and fuel economy to go on longer trips.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Sounds like a diesel would be a good investment for you and the family. A crew cab would make your long trips more comfortable. The Duramax will defiantly make you smile while your climbing those hills and passing other vehicles with the trailer.

Keep us informed on your search. I'd love to hear your progress.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I think on the last thread I posted some prices. $24,000 is a bit high but not bad. The most I have found them was $19,000 to $21,000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts