Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently someone told me I should put the Exhaust brake on and leave it on its better for the truck. I only pull my camper in the summer. I have used in on hilly winding roads but havent pulled anything as of yet.This is a 2011 Bighorn 2500 crew cab. Any thoughts on this ?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
If you live in the mountain? I say go for it. It really helps in breaking.
If your not towing at least once a month then don't bother.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Thats strange,you have the 6.7L. and they come standard with an exhaust brake.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exhaust Brake

I'm not sure but I think it's a standard feature. I always wanted one on my Fords but never seemed to come up with the cash for a Banks kit. I see your in Washington State this summer were driving to Oregon I want to drive thru there I have considered living there a few months a year so if you see a big orange truck in July thats me.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Hmm. I wonder how many trucks have your color?

·
Registered
935 Posts
well cool,i'll keep an eye out for your truck.
yea,that looks like a different color than the other colors i've seen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Truck color !!

The color is Omaha Orange it's a $450 special order color. I bought the truck off the new truck lot it was the only diesel and thats what I wanted. As soon as i stated to look at it the dealer said they would give me a good deal to get it out no one liked the color. They basically gave me the cap(ARE best) & 100,000 extended full warranty no charge. Its funny my wife hated the color made fun of it ,but everywhere I go I get stopped people tell me its the nicest looking truck the color is sweet. If this truck was black,blue,white no one would see it as special. I figure it was a special order truck that the customer cancelled or financing fell thru. There is only a few other options I would have wanted if I were to have ordered it.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
The color is Omaha Orange it's a $450 special order color. I bought the truck off the new truck lot it was the only diesel and thats what I wanted. As soon as i stated to look at it the dealer said they would give me a good deal to get it out no one liked the color. They basically gave me the cap(ARE best) & 100,000 extended full warranty no charge. Its funny my wife hated the color made fun of it ,but everywhere I go I get stopped people tell me its the nicest looking truck the color is sweet. If this truck was black,blue,white no one would see it as special. I figure it was a special order truck that the customer cancelled or financing fell thru. There is only a few other options I would have wanted if I were to have ordered it.
Not to tell you what to do with your truck. Bt I think going to an all led light kit and blacking out every piece of chrome on that truck (called murdering) will look intimidating! I'd include blacking out the tail lights and head lights. Other then that I really like the color.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Old Ford

You would have liked my 06 F 350 Harley Davidson Power Stroke I put a lotta love into that truck. Black with blue flames I had LED ground effect underneath, LED on my custom crome tube side steps. Alpine XM radio 12" Earth Quake sub woofer, 5 channel 1000 w amp. It was my dream truck Ford really let me down so many mechanical issues like 3 turbo's on top of that the dealer screwed me on work that they didn't do and said they did.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
You would have liked my 06 F 350 Harley Davidson Power Stroke I put a lotta love into that truck. Black with blue flames I had LED ground effect underneath, LED on my custom crome tube side steps. Alpine XM radio 12" Earth Quake sub woofer, 5 channel 1000 w amp. It was my dream truck Ford really let me down so many mechanical issues like 3 turbo's on top of that the dealer screwed me on work that they didn't do and said they did.
I feel you. Those 6.0 caused a lot of problems for FORD and Navistar. I'm thinking the next New truck for me will be a 2014 manual transmission Cummins Ram. Provided they still have the M/T as an option. So Far Ram is the last to offer this transmission. And Doggone AAC just came out with a light system that really looks good for that truck! :doh:

·
Registered
935 Posts
I feel you. Those 6.0 caused a lot of problems for FORD and Navistar. I'm thinking the next New truck for me will be a 2014 manual transmission Cummins Ram. Provided they still have the M/T as an option. So Far Ram is the last to offer this transmission. And Doggone AAC just came out with a light system that really looks good for that truck! :doh:
I have a coworker where i work that had the ford with the 6.0l. His truck was in the shop so many times that the last time in the shop was the breaking point where hed found out the head gaskets were bad. He was thinking about getting a new 6.7L ford after he got rid of the 6.0L but he couldn't justify getting another ford diesel after all the problems he had with the 6.0 liter. He ended up getting up a duramax.

And as for rustin thinking about getting a cummins:wow:

·
Banned
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
6.0 Ford

I have a coworker where i work that had the ford with the 6.0l. His truck was in the shop so many times that the last time in the shop was the breaking point where hed found out the head gaskets were bad. He was thinking about getting a new 6.7L ford after he got rid of the 6.0L but he couldn't justify getting another ford diesel after all the problems he had with the 6.0 liter. He ended up getting up a duramax.

And as for rustin thinking about getting a cummins:wow:

I keep getting letters from a law firm I guess what kind of truck you have must be public record. Anyway they keep telling me how I could sue Ford because of my truck & its problems , that letter is 1 1/2 years to late .

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yea, the coworker did some research on the. 6.0l. And what he told me about what he found was shocking to me.
And rustin, i like m/t to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts