Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

Extendeed Waranty - Need Advice

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TorqAsauraus 
#1 ·
I bought a 2008 Ram 3500 dually 4x4 big engine about 18 months ago. It's got 76k on it and it runs perfectly. The truck gets very little use. Basically it is used to haul our 5th wheeler (camper).

The Cummins warranty runs out next month and I've been advised to get an extended warranty on the truck. I think all I want to pay for is a drive train warranty.

I'd appreciate your advice before I go any further.

Thanks,

Steve

#2 ·
I agree, if the drive train warranty is affordable... I'd make the investment

#3 ·
Perhaps someone can chime in on the trans on these trucks but from what I've heard, the engines can go to 300K. I a 2008 Dodge RAM 3500 Cummins and got an very extensive factory warranty at the dealer with unlimited miels. I don't know if the Chrysler will offer you one due to the mileage but if so, I recommend it. I brought the truck in for a check engine light which turned out to be a bad EGR value (known problem on these trucks) and there were no questions asked, they promptly fixed it. Let us know what you end up doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.