Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the benefit of removing EGR, DPF, NOX filter, etc as discussed by others?
Does it give better fuel mileage? And/or more power? Appreciate any feedback.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am gonna see how my truck holds up first before i do a delete.. I may need the warranty.. but I do have an interest in extra power and fuel mileage.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What is the benefit of removing EGR, DPF, NOX filter, etc as discussed by others?
Does it give better fuel mileage? And/or more power? Appreciate any feedback.:rolleyes:

I take it you have one of the 'newer' trucks. All that stuff is for the emissions that the gov't requires for diesels. Deleting those would increase your power and mileage but you would not pass emissions testing. Also it would void your 100K warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From the other forums Im on They say Better MPG Better power and the oil stays clean longer if you delete the EGR, Less fuel delution to the oil from added fuel during the regen.
This is just what I have heard I been think about doing the same thing.

·
Registered
160 Posts
From the other forums Im on They say Better MPG Better power and the oil stays clean longer if you delete the EGR, Less fuel delution to the oil from added fuel during the regen.
This is just what I have heard I been think about doing the same thing.

That is exactally correct Dave.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, nice to be here and look forward to talking about our trucks. I have a 2009 and have went with the dpf, egr unplugged and smarty jr programmer route with a cold air intake (airaid) and you wouldn't believe the difference. I did the delete at 1500 miles hoping to avoid the dreaded egr/dpf/turbo issues and so far, so good (knock on wood). With the truck completely stock, I could get about 16 mpg (around town) and now I'm right at 19 mpg (around town) but no highway mpg yet but it should be close to 22 mpg. Also, I run 315/70/17 BFG's which probably cost me a little in the fuel economy department. 3200 miles so far and the only issue was a dead cell in one of the factory batteries.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's pretty cool to get that mileage. I assume you did the actual math and not use the on board system. They lie like rugs. I have a late 04 and the milage sucks bad. It runs, starts, and pulls fine but won't go above 15 mpg. Not sure what I can do to improve it. Can;t see the need to spend large amts of money to get 1 or maybe 2 mile tothe gal.. Edge only says 7% improvement but cost hundreds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes all hand calculated. A cold air intake and a programmer should get the same 2 to 4 mpg increase and within a year you should be ahead of the game. Your 04 will not have a dpf or egr system but maybe a converter in the down pipe which is easily replaced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts