Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 7.3 and recently had a banks six gun stacked on a DP tuner...im not one for stacking tuners and decided to sell the six gun. i left the egt probe in the exhaust in hopes to just hook the wires up to a auto meter phantom..before i purchase it id like to know if this is going to work..any advice

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I can't tell you if it is going to work it might connect right up. I'm sure that Autometer will have a connector that comes with the gauge.
Why did you get rid of the Sixguns?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can get the gauge for $100.00 the gauge with the kit is $150.00 and i dont know what size the the exhaust insert is and i already have the one for he six gun tapped in and it has two wires comming out of it.hoping i could just hub it in...got rid of the six gun cause i run a DP tuner now with a 120 horse and 150 horse push button on the fly...also has a lope setting, jake brake, smoke...etc...never much cared for the sixgun.didnt notice much of a power gain even with intake,exhaust,transcommander,big head,etc..me and all my buddy's run DP tuner and have great luck and safe power gains from them

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
i can get the gauge for $100.00 the gauge with the kit is $150.00 and i dont know what size the the exhaust insert is and i already have the one for he six gun tapped in and it has two wires comming out of it.hoping i could just hub it in...got rid of the six gun cause i run a DP tuner now with a 120 horse and 150 horse push button on the fly...also has a lope setting, jake brake, smoke...etc...never much cared for the sixgun.didnt notice much of a power gain even with intake,exhaust,transcommander,big head,etc..me and all my buddy's run DP tuner and have great luck and safe power gains from them
Fair enough for me. Ok then, to your EGT gauge It might just be as simple as splicing wires. If one of your friends has the gauge that your buying? Ask him if he could pop his out so that you can look at connectors. If they can match all the best for you. If they don't match? You may have to modify or drill another hole for the right one probe. you can leave the banks probe on.

DP has been good in my book. I'm just not a fan of chips with generic tunes, one tune is all I need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts