Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a newbie here. I am looking for some discussion regarding treatment that I am getting from Dodge Corp. I own a 2008 3500 Cummins Laramie and for the most part love my truck. But, it developed a problem at about 90,000. At low rpm with someone slow in front of me who is speeding up and slowing down, when I slightly give it some fuel after letting off, it drops in very hard in the rear end. It does not happen all the time, if I am driving without someone in front of me and giving it reasonable fuel, it shifts fine. It is just at low rpms off the pedal then on slightly which causes it to downshift or something that is very extreme. I took it in to the dealer and took them for a ride. They agreed that there was a problem. After reading codes and talking to Dodge Corp, they started replacing engine parts. None of which solved the problem. The dealer advised me to not drive the truck stating that with it down shifting so hard, other things will break. They had my truck from early June to mid Sept. The truck was still not fixed, but I had to have a truck. I just try to avoid driving at the speeds that cause the hard downshift.
I contacted Dodge Corp looking for 1. a solution to the problem and 2. compensation for no truck all summer. Not only did they deny any compensation, but they said from here on, any costs to fix the problem would be mine since the truck is now over the 100,000 mile warranty. Wow, the problem started before the warranty was up and they were unable to fix the problem... now I am totally responsible.... does not seem right to me.

Anyone else have this downshift problem? And what do you think about Dodge turning their back on me? Up to this point, I have been a loyal Dodge Cummins fan as this is my second truck ('95) but am becoming very bitter.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
From the sounds of it... Being nice has caused you to be taken advantage of.... It's time to get tough.

They need to think your gonna take legal action. On the dealership. Your dealership should be the people going to bat for you with the corporation.
Reach for the stars.
You either want the truck replaced or COMPLETELY fixed before the end of the week. or you will sew for the value of the truck and time lost.

Warranty is still in effect because the ongoing problem was reported when the truck was still IN warranty.

Reactions: Rustin

·
Administrator
2017 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo-Diesel
1,065 Posts
One other thing you can do that they don't like, start posting your problems on Facebook & such. Be sure to just state fact. Just make a public page of your issues and get your friends to start sharing it. They don't like the negative publicity.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
One other thing you can do that they don't like, start posting your problems on Facebook & such. Be sure to just state fact. Just make a public page of your issues and get your friends to start sharing it. They don't like the negative publicity.

FaceBook "LIKE" :smileup:

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I highly agree with the posts made. The dealership need to fight for you. don't be afraid to do a video sowing the problem and documentation is the key! keep those documents handy. scan them an PDF them!

It sounds like a pressure solenoid is not doing it's job? this was comon with the older 2001-2007 models but the complaint was the bucking or surging from 1st to 2nd. Very difficult issue you have!

·
Registered
935 Posts
You should also put this on the bbb's website listing everything you said here.And mention the dealers name for everyone to see.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
You should also put this on the bbb's website listing everything you said here.And mention the dealers name for everyone to see.
Then invite them all to come and visit us here at Diesel Forums :wavey:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts