Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first Diesel a few weeks ago and love it. I'm already wanting to modify the crap out of my '05 F350 6.0L PS.

My family camps a lot locally and I say locally only because I was to scarred to pull my 7500lbs camper very far with my 1/2 ton truck. After pulling my camper over the holiday weekend with my new 1 ton, I will not hesitate to pull it across country now. Beach here we come.

Any one know of any good camping spots?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to diesel forums.
Glad your here. Enjoy your stay

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the forum from one of this sites great super moderators. we hope you come back often to become a valuable member of the forum!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to DF from CO.

Good to see another 6.0 around. YES, they are VERY addicting!!! hahahaha I know I am addicted to mine.

What part of the country are you in and where are ya wanting to camp?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zombie (Super moderator) - I don't know what kind of value I can bring but I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions.

Rattlesnake - My apologizes for not letting you know my 20 (and no I don't have a CB yet! but want one) I'm from Southwest MO a little town called Monett pronounced Mo-Net.
Like I said my family hasn't really had any options for camping outside of 100 miles, just a worried that my 03 chevy 5.7L gasser:smiledown: wasn't going to get me home. Now that I have my Powerstroke:smileup:, I wanna go across country. I've got a buddy that has a cabin near Dillon CO and I would love to test my truck out on the Mtns.
I would also like to head south to the beach somewhere....
You guys have any experience pulling very far?

·
Registered
543 Posts
You can just call me Jeff bud. A CB is a great tool for our rigs. They come in very handy when traveling mountain roads for sure.

Dillon, CO is a gorgeous area!! There are plenty of place for the family to enjoy the outdoors and for you to test your rig. I know I love to take my rig up into the mountains and play on some trails. You should check out this thread to get a glimpse of some of the stuff a couple of do with our rigs. http://www.dieselforums.com/showthread.php?t=95

I personally haven't pulled very far at one time really, a couple hours at a time tops, but I have and do pull some heavy loads around the inclines and declines here in CO. I haven't had any issues thus far. If you do not have gauges yet, I strongly recommend them to keep an eye on your rigs vitals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts