Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starting July 1st we will have our First Photo Contest here on the DieselForums!!!!!!!!

This month since it is the Birthday of the United States of America, the subject of this contest is "Diesels and American Pride". So get out there and take pictures of your diesels in a Patriotic way!

The rules and contest structure are below so everyone knows what type of contest this will be. Obviously Some great photos are going to be shown

For this contest our DieselForums is lucky enough to have a great Sponsors such as K&N, KT Performance, Rock Auto, and Superchips!!! They have been gracious enough to sponsor this contest and forum area!!!

The Photo Contest winner will receive awards by our sponsoring vendors!! Such as the gift certifcate good for a K&N premiuem oil filter, $25 gift certificate for Rock Auto, a 8oz bottle of REV-X fuel additive from KT Performance, a $50 discount on parts from Diesel Dawgs Performance, and a awesome Superchips T-Shirt! Guys this is your chance to get some cool goodies from our vendors, promote the site, as well as help our vendors get more traffic and possible sales, a win-win situation for all parties involved!

Rules:

1. Each Competition will have a theme, and will be announced at the beginning of the contest.

2.Contestants are limited to 1 photo per contest

3.There MUST be a Diesel truck in the photograph submitted
4.No photoshopping is allowed other than cropping.

a.Exception: There will be photoshop contests and photoshopping will not only be allowed…but required (mspaint, photoshop, etc).

5.The submitted photo must be taken by the contestant.

6.A caption or description will be allowed in the post with the photo

7.Each Photo must only be posted once, Nominated Photos may not be posted in another contest.

8.Each submission will be moderated by site moderators for appropriate content.

Contest Structure:

1. All submissions will be posted in this thread for 3 weeks

2. There will be a thread for the voting of the submissions. Voting will be allowed for 1 week.

3.The winner will be announced, and they will receive their generous prize!!

This schedule may be adjusted due to difficulty of photos or weather, etc.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I'd love to participate, more then you know. But do to my location it would make it difficult to get that realistic picture.
It's July 1st :) Happy Canada DF

Maybe a contest that isn't so geographically sensitive

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I'd love to participate, more then you know. But do to my location it would make it difficult to get that realistic picture.

:Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I will have my entry posted very soon.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I understand that, and trust me I do, but since this is the month of the birthday of the United States, WE found it fitting to do this, BUT feel free to do Canadian Pride picture... we wont hold it against you and you will have the same shot at winning as everyone else!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
LOL Thanks Gregg
But I'm gonna just sit back and enjoy everybody else pictures.
BTW July is Canada's birthday TOO.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I guess I will be the first to post a pic ya slackers. LOL. So let me ask this, can we change our pic or does this entry have to be the final one? Either way, here is my entry. The shot was taken up in the mountains near NORAD, here in C. Springs, CO. I was standing on top of Gregg's bed rails to get the angle. I really wanted the flag unfurled, but the wind wasn't cooperating, oh well.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Would you believe I don't have a flag? I'm in trouble!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Where's your pic then Gregg? lol

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i will probably take a pic tomorrow. gonna go back on the mountain to go shoot tomorrow so I will try to take one then... btw twas a good day for me at the gun show

·
Registered
543 Posts
Very cool! So ya got yourself some new toys huh?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Very nice!

So back to the whole picture contest, anybody else going to enter?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
We're almost at the end of page two. Where is all the patriotic truck pictures?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Grumble, grumble, grumble!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
here is my entry to stimulate the photo contest. I am not eligable to win this one.. wouldnt be right, but its still here.

I call this photo "2nd Amendment Rights passed to the next Generation of America"

just as a heads up. My oldest daughter is holding Mommies Wather P22 pistol. My son is holding my Remington 870 Express Magnum 12 gauge. All my children enjoyed shooting and learning respect for the weapons. I am looking at buying 2 more shotguns soon. 1 for the wife and son, and my Sig Sauer P229 will be delivered in october/november.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.