Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I have a 99 ford f250 and a buddy of mine told me I should put an EGR delete kit on it. I did some research and wasn't sure what exactly it did for the truck and if it was even beneficial. Would it be worth getting that done? I also noticed there are two other delete kits, a fuel bowl delete kit and an EPBV delete kit. I did research for the last one as well and seen it didn't really change much on the truck. Any help would be appreciated for these.
Thanks

·
Administrator
2017 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo-Diesel
1,063 Posts
You may run into an issue as the EPA is cracking down on anything that alters emissions. They've fined companies that supply the delete parts & tuners millions of $$$ and it's working it's way down to installers/tuners. In fact, I don't think it's even supposed to be discussed on the forum anymore as they have brought some (forums) into law suits from my understanding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I apologize then, ill leave it be and just do some extensive research on my own so I don't get anyone in trouble. I appreciate it.

·
Administrator
2017 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo-Diesel
1,063 Posts
No need to apologize, I did not know until a few weeks ago about the discussions. I think they look at it as assisting since it's against federal law to change things that remove/modify emissions. They just don't want to be held liable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I completely understand that though. So I am just gonna do what I can to my own research.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts