Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase either a 2008 F-250, diesel, 4x4 or a 2008, 2500 DMax, 4x4. Can someone give me some honest info on fuel consumption between the two. Also, I will be pulling a 31' travel trailer from time to time so any other advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks from Texas!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the forum from your forum super moderator. i hope you enjoy the site and come back soon.

as far as your info you requested I cannot honestly answer it because I dont have either one. I have the older 7.3 powerstroke.

But I will answer it like this.... I would choose the ford because I am biased lol

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
If your from Texas, my fist question would be. Can you delete the diesel particulate filter (DPF)? If your allow to do it. It would be a toss up between the two! You would have to go by ride and handling and your preference to body style. I'm a Ford guy but I'm not a fan of the front end! I'm not a fan of the lack of talented Ford tuners. So the GMC wins my choice for the 2008 model year. The RAM doesn't even come close.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Before my purchased my truck, I researched the BIG 3. It came down to the 2 you mentioned. Both have a lot of great qualities. But after the dust settled I chose my Chev. Same as your option Chev. I love the interior and I love the pulling power of the 7.5 to 2010 LMM Duramax and the hwy mileage

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking to purchase either a 2008 F-250, diesel, 4x4 or a 2008, 2500 DMax, 4x4. Can someone give me some honest info on fuel consumption between the two. Also, I will be pulling a 31' travel trailer from time to time so any other advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks from Texas!
Between those 2 i would definatly choose the GM, there is no comparision between the reliabilty of a LMM duramax and a 6.4 powerstroke. Plus the gm's typicaly have better fuel mileage with and without a dpf delete.

Take it for what you will but if I had to choose and new truck for myself I would get the dodge if it was going to see a fair bit of off road use and a dmax if it was going to be a pavement princess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts