Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately i've been thinking about debadging my truck but i can't make up my mind. Any thoughts?

click on pic to make bigger.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
well since you have bright red which is susptible to fading from the sun, if you take the badges off you risk the possibility of it being very bright red and glossy underneath it while the rest of yout truck is a different shade of red. but if you do go ahead with it, it is very very easy... heat up the emblems first with a hair dryer

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have a thought...... Get rid of the Dodge! hahahaha Just kiddin.

I agree with Gregg about the paint underneath, but if your paint is good as it is, then you should be able to buff and polish it out. I had the 4x4 stickers on the bed of my truck when I bought it. I took them off and you can hardly see the difference unless you are at the right angle and lookin for it.

Also, and this is just an opinion, maybe you should think about removing the wheel well trim as well. It would change the whole look of your rig, which you might really enjoy. Hell, I know I feel like I have a new truck every time I do something to it, even if it just the smallest things.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
he means the stainless steel chrome trim around the wheel wells (on the fenders)

for me, naturally the sun fades bright red paint. may not really look like it but if you remove those emblems, where the sun hasnt been beating down on it for the last 15 years you will notice it is a richer more vibrant red then the rest of the paint.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I had the trim put on last year.the truck seemed plain until I put them on.plus it covers up the damage to the paint job when the snow chain broke and started hitting my truck.

·
Registered
543 Posts
ahhhh, understandable then.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Exactly which badges were you looking to remove?? The fenders and tailgate badges?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I like the fact that my Silverado is a little different then other Silverados cause mine is a Duramax
If it wasn't for the badging on my truck the only other thing that makes it distinctively a diesel is the raise hood and larger grill. I like the badging on your doors.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the fact that my Silverado is a little different then other Silverados cause mine is a Duramax
If it wasn't for the badging on my truck the only other thing that makes it distinctively a diesel is the raise hood and larger grill. I like the badging on your doors.
Hmm,ok thanks. I may just leave them on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts