Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined. Also just upgraded my ole 92 Dodge with 300000 miles to a brand new - to me - 03 3500 Laramie.
It's got an AFE free flow intake and exhaust but no performance chip. I'm going to be asking about sub $100 chips that work.
Hope I get the service out of this truck I did / am getting out of my old horse.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to Diesel Forums
Enjoy your stay

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Hi! WELCOME to the Forum!

Just joined. Also just upgraded my ole 92 Dodge with 300000 miles to a brand new - to me - 03 3500 Laramie.
You did good! 300,000 is about right. If you're meticulous about your maintenance, you will go just as far as the last truck with this new one.

It's got an AFE free flow intake and exhaust but no performance chip. I'm going to be asking about sub $100 chips that work.
Chips are old news. They are no-longer required and I think they are archaic 80s technology. Sub $100 is not going to get what you need. You can try and find used programmers or maybe a (I doubt it) TS chip. Your best bet will be a Smarty, H&S, or if you can find somebody in your area EFILive. Where do you live?

Hope I get the service out of this truck I did / am getting out of my old horse.
You will. Those ISB Power-plants are excellent.The only weakness is the VP-44 fuel pumps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.