Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have researched and finally want to know ...

... from anyone that 'has' or 'had' the BullyDog WatchDog system ...

What do you think of it ?
What do you feel is the pro's and con's of the system ?
Have you had any problems in, installation, using, or if needed get help from the manufacture ?

I'm thinking of buying a setup, but have yet to find anyone who has one.
I know gauges are owned by most, I've had them in the past, but I'm considering electronics this time.

I want evaluations by other owners, not the manufacture or stores selling them.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
To be honest with you, I don't have any experience with the bully dog system. And to give you a little in site on bully dog. They heavily borrow from edge and in like Edge borrows from BullyDog. I would lean closer to BullyDog if they were the only two to purchase, and to give you another tip, Smarty has been a popular choice. One of our vendors has personal experience with both products. So one of them could set you in the right path.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have the Smarty for my truck and I'm happy with it.

I was looking at the BullyDog WatchDog system instead of gauges. All the WatchDog does is 'monitors the specific points' you select for it to do, and it changes nothing like the others. It doesn't tie into your truck like gauges do. It attaches to the OBDII, except for something like the exhaust temp where you need to drill and tie into the system.

Here is one of their webpages: http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=1

In the past I have installed gauges on every truck I had. I believe in monitoring specific points. But I'm tired of the tie ins, the messing with the dash, and most of the time, to get what you want in selections, you have a mixture of gauge styles. Also, the cost factor is way more with all needed gauges verses this one unit. And if you want to monitor something else, change the settings.

I know the manufacture and those that sell them rate them high. But I have more respect for the people who actually own them and are willing to give their honest opinions, and are not in line to make a buck on what they say to the fellow site members.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts