Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the skinny, got a Chevy k1500, 350 vortec, Had it for about 3 months and it started leaking everything except fuel and oil, I hate that POS, so I'm looking into getting a diesel, I do a lot of hauling, horse trailers, some farm equipment, stuff like that,plus I am having one hell of a time trying to pick up women in that death trap I got now. I'm a young guy and don't have a lot of cash, so the diesels gotta be older, as much as I want a 07 6.0 Powerstroke, I just can't afford it, but come hell or high water, Ill have one someday, anyways, what would you guys recommend to a guy that has a max of 4 or 5 grand? I ain't a Chevy snob, and I'm open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Your determination comes out in your opening post.

My suggestion is keep save your $$$ and clean up that Vortec. It can also serve as a good trade if you clean it up and make it worth more then what it is. (It money in your pocket already)

In the mean time, keep doing your research of those older dirty diesels :)

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
You would be hard pressed for a first and second generation 12v. Any 6.5l GM would suffice. Parts are still being made for both those trucks. Some early 1994-1999 Fords will get you in that price range. They won't be any beauty queens. More like expensive fixer-uppers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.