Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i own an 04 GMC and diesel is killing me at almost 350 a gal. does anyone run bio fuel? im thinking into. your input would be helpful thanks

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I ran it for a time. You'r truck might not like it. If you do plan on making it, Just so you know, it is labor intensive, and is very expensive starting out. I use an appleseed processor, might go another rout tho. I have used more then B-50 blends, but most of my blends have been splash mixed so that does not count! You have to very careful with that stuff. One bad batch and you'r facing an expensive fix. You will not see any economy gains, but you will like the way your truck runs. It's just rare a Dmax would use it. Maybe the 2001-3, but the 2004-6 is not that common. The stuff is a solvent went finished, and has a tendency to eat away rubber and plastic that cannot handle the bio. So mixing the fuel is key. DSC might be your best bet most Dmax users swear by the stuff. While PowerStroke, and Cummins owners see no advantages. If you need more info PM me and I will send you to the right site.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Can this be moved to an alternative fuels thread?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts