Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some BRIGHT back up lights on my truck with "simulated" hid lights, they are so bright that they are even useful in the day time :smileup::smileup:

post up pics of your back up lights here, for most lifted trucks we need them, or if you have tinted windows

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, personally i would recommend getting flood lights but on accident i got spot lights, which actually work just as well...they are pilot navigator lights from pepboys, nothing to big in price, they were about $50 i think maybe less.

the lights are aimed out about 1 foot on each side so that they shine out onto the sidewalks and behind the truck.

here is a picture of the actual mounted light, ill try to get a picture of how much they light the ground up, if you were to do floods i guess you could mount them in the same place but you would have to position them so they give you plenty of light when backing up. do you have a back up camera? how high is your lift?

[/url][/IMG]

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they also have a little led ring that runs around the lens which comes with its own controller which i just bypassed along with bypassing the led ring since it doesnt matter with my trucks height and that my lights are hidden...i just ended wiring it up to my upfitter switch.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i find them to be bright enough even for spot lights...i have one on each side so they are both pointed outwards, the one that i really need on the passenger side is a little bit blocked by my exhaust as you can see. i pointed it so that it is still useful because it is just at the perfect distance.

ill take a pic of it on tomorrow night and post it up for you.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
very nice~! i was actually thinking about this the other day when the wife said the backup lighting in my truck sucked.. i was thinking of putting 1 on each side behind the rear wheels aimed around the tire area, then 1 on each side under the bumper to illuminted behind the truck... good work man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts