Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this from a relative.

When a thief forces you to take money from the ATM, do not argue or resist. You might not know what he or she might do to you. What you should do is to punch your PIN in the reverse mode.
I.e. if your PIN # is 1254, you punch 4521.The moment you punch in the reverse mode, the money will come out, but will be stuck into the machine half way out and it will alert the Police (security) without the notice of the thief. Every ATM has it; it is specially made to signify danger and help. Not everyone is aware of this.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
That's too bad it's Not True. That would be a great idea !!!

My X brotherinlaw works for IBM and they just recently caught a ATM theaf.
But this idiot installed an inconspicuous and over head camera and transmitter.

If your unaware of the scam. The card reader is installed on the ATM denounced to the ATM user. The thief also has installed a mini over head camera with a wireless transmitter. He sits somewhere near by (within rec'r rang) and takes in all this information. He will later remove the card reader and go make a copy of your ATM card and with the pass code recorded on the camera he can access your account to empty it.

Lesson: With your free hand. Cover your other hand while keying in your pass code.
YOU NEVER KNOW who is watching or how they are watching.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts