Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started in the diesel world. Recently bought a 1996 RAM 2500. Have major issues with water in the fuel system on a daily basis. Been draining it out of the fuel filter. Is there any literature or suggestions in filtering this out? Am considering a filteration system is there one highly recommended and is it worth it?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I will contact Ed (hawkeye4077) and see if he can help you with your problem! I will leave a message on his profile page to come check out your thread! :smileup:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Forums from Texas:wavey:
Glad to have you on Board!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just started in the diesel world. Recently bought a 1996 RAM 2500. Have major issues with water in the fuel system on a daily basis. Been draining it out of the fuel filter. Is there any literature or suggestions in filtering this out? Am considering a filteration system is there one highly recommended and is it worth it?

Are you buying your fuel at the same place all the time? Has this been with the same tank of fuel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Fuel

Thanks for the welcome responses. Only put fuel in it once, am considering in going to a truck stop next time. The fuel I originally purchased is ethanol based. The truck was sitting for a year on an empty tank from the looks of it. Once it is fired up though there are no problems.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome to the Forums!!! Glad to have ya aboard!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!! Glad to have you here!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts