Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys, I just joined up here today per the recommendation of Rattlesnake18 on another forum. I have respect for all diesels, so this seems like a great forum!!

Well, for those that don't know me, here's the downlow - The name's Kevin, I'm 19, and live in Loveland, CO. I currently work and go to school full time (yeah, 16 hour days suck, but hopefully it will pay off some day), shooting to get my ASE degree.

I bought my first diesel, a 1996 F250 ECLB 4x4 auto on April 5th of 2010. I never saw what was so great about diesel until one of my good buddies got a Cummins. Once I took a ride in that thing, I sold off my '91 Chevy gasser and began my search. I wasn't after any brand in particular. Since my budget was very limited, mid to late-ish 90's was my target year. And when it came down to it, the Powerstroke fit the bill. I bought her with 193,666 miles, and she now has 203,658 miles as of my drive home from work. She hasn't given me a single issue, aside from the rear bearing on the original alternator nuking itself at 198k-ish miles.

I bought it as stock as stock can get, and owned hardly a week before I started altering, adding, and removing. First, I removed all the body and wheel well trim to give it a clean look. Then, I painted the grill, bumpers, mirrors, and windshield trim black. Next I did the DIY intake with the Napa 6637 filter. After that came the 3" DP and straight-piped stock exhaust, followed by ripping the crummy Dana 50 TTB axle out and swapping in a D60 and throwing on some 285's. Glowshift pyro, boost and trans temp gauges followed that, along with an EBPV switch.

Recently, I've been seriously considering swapping in a 5-speed this summer, but we'll just have to see how that plays out.

Anyway, enough rambling, here's some pics: Glad to be part of the forum!

And you'll probably notice I have 4 different tires lol. The story behind that is that my truck came on pretty well worn 235/85's. They still had some life in them, enough to last me long enough to save up for a new set. Or so I though. Back in October-ish, I was waxing it, and looked down at the rear passenger tire and noticed big chunks missing out of the center of the tire all the way down to the belt. Turns out, all 4 were like that, and I only had about $150 at the time. So I went to my local tire shop and had to buy 4 mis-matched 285's to last until about this summer.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hey Kevin, welcome to the forum! You've been busy! Nice truck! Glad you joined us. :smileup:

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
HA HA!!!! Excellent TRUCK Kevin!
Glade to have another
Ford

Welcome
To
Diesel Forums!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Glad you are here Kevin. All your work on your truck has been turning out GREAT!! I remember what it looked like when you first got it. You should post some pics in the Ford pic section and include some from when we went wheelin with Drew. http://www.dieselforums.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=95

·
Registered
76 Posts
HI THERE!!!:wavey:

I love seeing PSD's joining up!! woo hoo, we will get their membership up quick with just Colorado people......:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sup Kevin, glad you made it!! You are probably in class now, so enjoy!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I love seeing PSD's joining up!! woo hoo, we will get their membership up quick with just Colorado people......:)
LOL Yeah, seems like CO is popping up all over.:smileup: lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes guy & gals! Glad to be here.

And Jeff, I'll go post up some pics here in a bit, I just got in the door from school, so now I finally have some time to explore the sit a little bit!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Forums from Kansas. Great site with great people. If you have any questions feel free to ask. We'll do our best to help :cool:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome to the Forums!!! Glad to have ya aboard!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Forums from Texas:wavey:
Glad to have you on Board!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes!!

welcome kevin... i still say that is a great looking rig you got there!
Thanks bud! I have a ton of plans for it...lift, wheels, tires, chip, injectors, maybe a turbo, 17* HPOP, tint... I just need the money :LOL:

·
Registered
543 Posts
how did that happen?
I don't know, someone must have been telling people about this site. I wonder who that might be. LMAO!:smileup:

And Jeff, I'll go post up some pics here in a bit, I just got in the door from school, so now I finally have some time to explore the sit a little bit!
Sounds good buddy.

yepp us COPSD guys are taking over lol
HELL YEAH!!! I sent a couple invites to some Kansas guys too.:smileup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm surprised you invited my over here Jeff after all my shenanigans on the other forums :LOL:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts