Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

The fam has outgrown my current rig and I've got to move up. I've got a list of wants that I'm hoping to find in a truck. I was hoping you guys would be in the know on what is out there for options. So here goes:

-4WD
-solid front axle (not a requirement but a "nice to have")
-8passenger
-diesel
-decent towing capacity(camper trailer)
-2003 or newer

I can't splurge on a brand new rig so I would like to keep that in mind. So far, my hunt has lead to a ford excursion as my only choice. Please don't say an E350. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have another question on gas vs diesel mpg at low speeds but I will start another thread on that one.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The only thing that fits that bill sir is an EX. I can't think of anything else that meets the wants that you have. I tell ya, I have always liked Excursions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's pretty much what I thought unfortunately. Not that I don't like the excursion, I actually do quite a bit, but it would be nice if there was more of a selection of beefy diesel suv's. A tahoe or equivalent with a solid diesel would be my first choice. This rig is going to have to double as my hunting rig for the near future, which makes turning radius and size an issue. I guess I could add rear wheel steer and solve most of my issues with the EX!

As for the quigley vans, they actually look pretty capable but they are expensive. I'm not sure I could even get one with side doors on both sides with roll down windows.

So for the 8passenger diesel question, this looks like it. If any automakers are reading this, get on the ball and make some decent diesel suv options! Oh, and not the tiny motors for mpg, but some with decent cubes.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
An Excursion would be an awesome idea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts