Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just looking for some advice.. Recently purchased a '99 f350 7.3, and after a few months of owning it the turbo seized up on me. So I took off in intake side of the turbo so I could access the turbine and basically just jimmied it until it freed it up and was loose again. Worked great again but this has just happened for the 4rth time now in the last few months so its obvious I should replace my turbo before I cause further damage. I noticed the turbine was in rough shape to, little chewed up. So if I need to replace the turbo entirely, I might as well go performance so what do you guys suggest?? And where is the best place to get them?
Thanks for the help!
-Mike

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the forum from one of your friendly forum super moderators. dont forget to introduce yourself in the newbie section

why not just replace the turbine wheel with a wicked wheel? or is that the shaft itself keeps seizing?

·
Registered
543 Posts
His bearing could be jacked as well Gregg.

There are a few options the OP could go with... H2E or a 38r. There are a couple more options that slip my mind at the moment, but I could ask the guy I know that has a different one.

As far as where to get one, I would start asking the vendors here on DF and see what kind of deal they can make ya.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
thats why i asked if it was the impeller or the shaft. if it is the impeller just being jacked up he could go with the ww. if not he would be able to go with the Garret GT38R or the Holset H2E if you wanna stay around 350-435 hp depending on supporting mods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told by a diesel mechanic that the bearings were most likely shot, which would require replacing the entire turbo. Also, what is the process like for replacing a turbo on your own? For an average mechanic

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
If you want to shop Canadian and talk to the professionals. These guy have even supplied parts to Horsepower TV and to Extreme 4x4

http://www.dieselperformance.ca/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts