Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007.5 3500 6.7 with a manuel tranny......my question is there anybody that has eliminated there muffler, cat, and dpf on a 6.7L . .? if so what were the gains ? any problems..? any problems with the computer..? also i live in california so i know im not supposed to remove any of the smog crap but ....for the sake of conversation....of course.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
The amount of gain, (Hp & Torque) compared to the amount of headaches your going to indower (meeting emissions requirements)
I don't think it's gonna be worth it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I unplugged the egr and I am getting about 18mpg around town and I have the 6 speed manual too. After I unplugged the egr the truck has a lot more power and shifts a lot smoother. Ive only had it unplugged for a week so i have not ran into any problems, but yet i hear both sides that it is good for the engine but yet bad. Anyone here think its bad to unplug the egr or to even bi-pass the dpf?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah that came on right away, but idk maybe it is me but random times after driving about a hour it sputtered at idol once and didnt anymore? I figured it was a burp

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My 2 biggest concerns are 1. I dont wont to have any mechanical headaches/problems from removing parts. 2. Because i live in california i have the smog crap to deal with.......maybe i will go find a " pre-smog" diesel and just go nuts out with that ........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts