Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading around about transmissions, and came upon some info regarding John Woods Transmissions. When he does his base package rebuild (good to 375 RWHP) it comes with a 6.4L Powerstrokes torque Convertor. I have always heard about upgrading to the 6.0's TC but never heard of the 6.4's TC being used.

Anyone here using the 6.4's TC?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I know to many things, and the people involved with it.

It's doable but john does a few other things that he is not telling you. Thats why he is where he's at. He knows what will work.
If you wan't a good toque converter, and I mean Good! Let me know. I'm not a salesmen, and I don't make anything with my connects. But I do live in the same area as

The gentleman driving this truck Cole Dow almost and should have won the 2010 Diesel Power challenge. He is from Folsom California, and he uses SpecRite. His truck is a top performer in both pulling and drag-racing. He and his crew tear dawn the truck and set it up to run in both events on the same day! For some reason my link to Diesel Power is being blocked. So go to Diesel Power Mag and use their search and type in his name.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hmmmmm... No sir, I have never even heard of anyone doing that. I think I am goin to bring that up this weekend at Truck Fest.

·
Registered
543 Posts
One of my buddies with a 7.3 that has quite a bit of knowledge said somethin about people actually using a 6.0 converter, not a 6.4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts