Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so my 1982 chevy 6.2l diesel runs and everything but doesnt stay running, i can drive it down the street but it will shut off but start right back up does anyone know the problem for this? :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Have YOU tried anything?
Sounds like a fuel supply issue.
Failing lift pump?
Or even water in the fuel?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
i havent tried anything yet, but how would i be able to tell if there was water in the fuel?
It runs like crap, thats how you can tell.
Start with the Basics:
  1. Check your fuel filters
  2. If you have the resources, check your fuel presure.
  3. I feverything is fine get your injectors tested.

And then call Bill Heath of http://www.heathdiesel.com/ Tell him Rustin Hawver from Redding California sent you. He will steer you in the right direction. The man is a master with pre Duramax tuning.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Thanks for posting! Your post reminds me that I owe Bill a call. Your welcome come back and tell your friends to join if they are interested in diesels, and diesel performance.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay so i got a new filter and it still shuts off but now the batteries are dead, soo what could be the problem now since its not the filter?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Try looking at your glow-plug circuit? If it's not that, really start looking at your electrical system. With an older truck your going to experience some goofy stuff that will have to be repaired or replaced. You will need a multi-meter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay so i put two new batteries in and it turned over still shut off but ran but then the alternator went so i replaced tht and it wnt turn over the belts will turn but nothing will grab and the battery started bubbling i need some serious help!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts