Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 f250 with a 6.0 140000 miles. The truck will start fine all day long, the next day the truck will start but with a little hiccup right when it starts. If you let it sit 2 days it will start and die, start and die start and run. The more days it sits the more start and dies it takes to stay running. I have tried on and off with the key a few times and no change! I have check the FICM ad it seams ok but at the end of the buzz the voltage drops to 45.7(over 46 during buzz, cranking and running). Don't know if that means it is no good! Also it seams like the buzz when you turn the key on isn't as loud as it used to be! That's why I tested the FICM. But I would think if it was that then why would it get worse with extra days sitting! Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Have you scanned it for codes?

Have you tested your fuel pressure, after the fuel pump? The codes will let you know if the FICM is giving you issues.

And just a thought, have you checked and tested your batteries?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have scanned it and I only have egr insufficient flow code! I will test the batteries today after work. What should the fuel pressure be? Is there a port to test it with out disassembling anything? Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.