Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to dieselforums.com! Installed a smoke switch on my 6.0. The minute i turn on switch i get a deeper tone! But it doesn't throw excessive smoke at idle, only when I'm driving it throws for a longer distance than it does with the switch off. Did i do anything wrong?
What am i dealing with by also having a smoke switch? Bad turbo? Is it going to mess up?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to diesel forums.
Glad you joined. Enjoy ur stay

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Excessive smoke won't get you home!

Hi I'm new to dieselforums.com! Installed a smoke switch on my 6.0. The minute i turn on switch i get a deeper tone! But it doesn't throw excessive smoke at idle, only when I'm driving it throws for a longer distance than it does with the switch off. Did i do anything wrong?
What am i dealing with by also having a smoke switch? Bad turbo? Is it going to mess up?
Welcome to Diesel forums!
Unfortunately I will not help you. To many people have abused the smoke switch. We have lost race tracks and have been branded the new ricer (That pisses me off)! My advice is take the smoke switch out, scan your truck, and then look into an SCT programmer.
You're wasting fuel and putting your self in a position of getting an excessive smoke ticket, and adding another truck to the statistics percentage for the EPA to enforce harder laws!
And then everybody looses!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to Diesel forums!
Unfortunately I will not help you. To many people have abused the smoke switch. We have lost race tracks and have been branded the new ricer (That pisses me off)! My advice is take the smoke switch out, scan your truck, and then look into an SCT programmer.
You're wasting fuel and putting your self in a position of getting an excessive smoke ticket, and adding another truck to the statistics percentage for the EPA to enforce harder laws!
And then everybody looses!
Decided to take smoke switch off! Wasted my diesel horribly! Never again! And my turbo did lag and had no boost. I currently have an Edge CS, runs badass! Along with a 5' straightpipe and an AFE Stage 2 intake :smileup:

·
Registered
935 Posts
:smileup: Good decision.
The epa and police is really cracking down on the excessive smoke. Thats one of the reasons they made the manufactures put on the dpf crap on the newer trucks.I liked the smoke to when i first got my truck, but i quickly out grew it.With the price of diesel today, i'd rather have the fuel milage than the smoke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts