Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys need some advice... I have a 2007 Ram 2500 5.9l. I am having an issue with my eng temp. During normal unloaded everyday driving my engine temp will run up to around 200 or so and then go right back down to 190 or so. Now this does not happen instantaneously, rather you can watch the temp go up and come right back down. I have called my local dealers and they all say this is normal, but I am just not sure. Seems like alot of temp change to me? I am catching myself watching the temp gauge more than the speedometer! Anyway, this is driving me nuts. Any input into what might be going on would be highly appreciated. I have my thoughts, that being that the t stat is sticking just enough so that after engine temp rises enough and pressure builds it is finally "Popping" open and cooling down. Is this possible? Does the t stat in this truck just simply open and close or is there some temp management that gradually opens and closes to control such swings in temp? Looking forward to any and all responses for some help with this...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts